No Tours: Curbside Service Now Open
When we opened our first factory to the public over 20 years ago, we never anticipated what sharing our love of making these small-batch, kettle-cooked chips might mean in 2020.
Now perhaps more than ever, it's vital to us that we support and protect our community the best we can. That's why for the time being, we are ceasing all factory tours and instead introducing something new:
Curbside Service allows you to place an order for pickup from our factory without exiting your car. We'll do the legwork to protect your social distancing. Also, we're making this service free to use.
Curbside Service is available Monday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. It includes the most cost-effective ways to stock up on your favorite comfort food: bulk poly bags, boxed cases, and even DAILY SPECIALS.
We also have a pick-up window that you can walk up to and place your order. While here, if you'd like to hear about the slower, traditional way we make our delicious chips, we'll be happy to share our virtual tour of photographs, give you a collectible set of virtual tour postcards, and share chip samples with you.
To place your Curbside Service order, call us at 540-477-9664 or order chips for pickup here.
Visitor Center Closed
Normally, our factory is open to the public Mondays - Saturdays, 9am-5pm. (See directions.) However, with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are suspending factory visits currently. Following is general information for when we are able to reopen our visitor's center:
We are closed on major holidays.
There are big windows in our retail store that allow you to see the entire process of us making chips, with the exception of the peeling of the potatoes. We will be happy to talk to you about the potatoes, the process, and the daily realities of chipland.
There are no walk-through tours of our facility.
If you have a large group (15 people or more), please call ahead so we know you're coming. Individuals, families and small groups are welcome at any time.
If you are coming specifically to fry view, it is best to call in advance to make sure we're cooking. 540-477-9664.
There are plenty of chips to sample and purchase and there is no charge for fry viewing. However, we do ask that no photos be taken of our production areas.
Directions to our factory:
Coming from the North:
- Take 81 South to exit 269 (Shenandoah Caverns).
- Come up the ramp and take a right off the ramp.
- Take your next right on Caverns Road.
- And then take the next right onto Industrial Park Road.
- Go ½ mile to Edwards Way and take a left into our parking lot. Come to the front of the building and come in through the big red door.
Coming from the South:
- Take 81 North to exit 269. Come up the ramp.
- Take a left off the ramp. Cross over 81 and take your first right onto Caverns Road.
- Take the next right onto Industrial Park Road.
- Go ½ mile and we'll be on the left.
Coming from the North:
- Take 81 South to Exit 273 (Mt. Jackson).
- Come up the ramp and take a left.
- Go to Route 11 and take a right. Go through the town of Mt. Jackson and cross over the Shenandoah River.
- Continue down Route 11 about a mile and take a right onto Wissler Road. Go through the covered bridge.
- Take first left onto Industrial Park Road.
- Go ¼ mile and take a right onto Edwards Way (our driveway).
- Park in the front of the building and come in through the big red door.